Friday, February 22, 2013

Get Involved


            Another BC perk abroad: they pay for us to join three clubs or societies while we are here! After attending two extremely overwhelming activities fairs I have decided on three clubs: mountain club, wine tasting society, and zoology society. 

Mountain club organizes hikes and camping trips every weekend as well as has rock climbing lessons every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. 

Wine tasting club is exactly what it sounds like. Every week we sample five different wines and we are taught all the basics of what makes a good wine, how to you hold a wine glass, what types of wines go with which food. I am extremely excited mostly because I have absolutely no knowledge when it comes to wine. I will make sure to post updates on what I learn! 

And finally, zoology. This club goes on trips to game reserves, canoe trips, camping, and other outdoor adventures! What is nice is once you join a club, all the events and trips are free! I am so excited to get started and see what these clubs have to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment